Wednesday, March 30

Momma


To the lady who taught me to be an upstanding women.
to be who I am, and to always own up to the choices you make. 
"Nobody makes you do anything, Danielle. You make you're own choices, and you make your life from those. They can be good, bad, scary but whatever they are make sure you make them for you"
My mother Cameila Dudek is an inspiration to my life. we are completely different people, and have always known it. My mother taught me growing up lessons every single day that I of course never realized until this year. She taught me how to read and write, using rice and pudding. She taught me how to write by making me write sentences, when I would do something bad! She taught me how to stand up for myself, and how to say no. She taught me how to say yes, and how to help others in need. She taught me that you can always come home again. She taught me that if you need to run away, you can do that too. She taught me what real love is, by doing nothing but "showing" it to be every single day. She never judged me, no matter how many times I said she did. She never turned her back on me, no matter how many times she should has. She always believed in me, when nobody else would. She always stood up for me, even when I was wrong. The problem I think parents have is trying to mold their children. I have learned from my upbringing that molding children does not work. What I choose to believe and plan to do with mine is to focus on loving them, they will mold themselves. They're children of God, they're people... who will become who they want to become by a series of choices, and mishaps and falls and scraped knee's throughout their lives that one day will have them standing with their head held high and a notion in their mine of "who I want to be." As long as you love them. I can't tell you the amount of times I came in a situation my parents didn't love. I drank, I partied, I skipped school, I spent their money without asking, I stole their money, I disappointed them, I surprised them, and they would yell, and they would get mad. But I don't remember a time where my parents ever ever told me I wasn't good. Not good enough. I was never said to be a bad girl, I was just "their" girl. They loved my mischief, they loved my spunky spirit, they still do and they are still there for the 2am phone calls that I often make (mostly because of the time difference) they roll over in bed, and pick up the phone and say.... "Danielle?" I remember the time I first felt a friendship connection with my Mom. it wasn't until I was around 21 years old, when she came to visit me out here in Salt Lake. We went to Vegas, and has SO much fun together. We didn't argue, or fight, we just had fun as mother and daughter. It was one of my favorite memories with my mother. Over the years I have learned I am just like my father, I am his personage in a female body. But then there are the parts of me that are just like my Mother. I'm sure upon reading this she will find these to be a surprise:

-I hate clutter
- I clean my house constantly, and love a well made bed.
- I can't stand when things are out of place (aka in the wrong drawer)
- I label things.
- I repeat myself in arguments.
- I plan, non stop.

When I was young I would hate how my mother labeled everything, and had everything organized, and how everything was so planned out. I do the same thing! It happens. One day we all wake up and realize we are exactly like our parents. Lucky for me I have the two best parents in the world. Who never focused on molding, they only loved. I think I turned out okay!

I love you Mom, you're amazing.
You inspire me to be a better women, wife, and mother.
I pray everyday to obtain your standard.
Love, you're baby. 


No comments: