Saturday, January 9

birthday wishes.


as most people know I'm a self proclaimed birthday enthusiast. have been all my life, i'm not sure why or what started this but I have always been obsesssed, with my birthday. thats probably really selfish huh? sorry.  the moment I turn one year I begin to say I'm the next. however, this year I think will be the last year I do this. I am excited to be 23. I feel 23 will be my favorite year, many reasons support this idea. I have a short list (not really short) of things I would love to get for my birthday (I will doubtfully get any of these ha ha, a girl can dream)


  • a polariod camera (i'm obsessed)
  • a macbook pro
  • an electric blanket
  • a holga camera
  • calvin klein, euphoria (this scent is a gift from the heavens)
  • directions to a killer vintage shop somewhere in the salt lake area
  • boots & bindings
  • a grey peacoat..actually a slew of colors & styles of coats (gossip girl inspired)


I took a picture of Tanner playing guitar on a Polaroid camera and I instantly fell in love. he told me he thinks it's old looking and does not like how it looks, i think it's glorious. I will cherish that picture forever.
I have recently discovered that there are other ways to get older vintage looking pictures, without editing. it's called going straigt to the sourse. for instance, everyone is using picnik to make photos look like polarioid pictures (as am i since right now i don't own a polariod) but, you can actually BUY one and get real polaroids. the same goes for a holga camera, i used to think owning the best of the best camera would bring me brilliant photography, now i know that brilliant photography comes from the ability to take a picture that someone will love to look at. it doens't matter what you use to take it, all that matters is an atristic eye. I want  those cameras!

No comments: